Skip to content

Install Enterprise Manager Grid Control 11g Release 1

Bored one late evening, I built up a VM in which I installed Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 11g a couple days before it’s officially released. Started the project on April 20, 2010, product is to be released on April 22, 2010.

Quick synopsis of the procedure (a how-to may follow if I have the time):
1) Install and create a supported database
2) Install middleware (Weblogic Server)
3) Install Grid Control 11g
4) Deploy some agents

The big change for installation is that the Enterprise Manager package does not include the database or middleware bits for easy install.

It’s presently one day before the official release of the product. =)

6 Comments

1. CipherDBA wrote:

Thanks for this helpful tutorial. Can you please cover how to install the middleware (Weblogic Server) piece? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Monday, May 3, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Permalink
  2. zamaracha wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for this video.
    Could you also please show us some OEM 11g in action. Having short Video overview would be cool.

Cheers!!

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 2:03 am | Permalink
  3. PaulAlex wrote:

I have istalled the Oracle 11g R1 server on Windows XP, and now I want to install EM Grid Control.
    I found the link for download the Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1, bun I’m not able to find the link for Grid Control 11g R1.
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oem/index.html(there's nothing for windows)

I am in a big trouble and I need your support.
    I am expecting for your response.Thank you!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 5:32 am | Permalink
  4. Purna wrote:

Hi Your vids are really awesome and helpful thanks for uploading.

I really need your help, while installing OEM 11gR1 running issues with setting hostname, could you please let me know where should i mention that information, currently i had Oracle db 10g version and now i want to install OEM11gR1 as a base of the same.

Kindly help me ASAP.

Thanks

Monday, June 28, 2010 at 7:17 am | Permalink
  5. sovanndy wrote:

Hi sir,

I have some issues relating install Oracle EM Grid Control 10.2.0.2.1 on win2003 SP2.
    in OMS configuration section, Errors always appear and say “AgentPlugin Failed”. I try reinstall hundreds of time both OS and ORACLE.
    But nothing changed. Could you recommend me for any solution or by email above?

Thank in advance………..

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 8:16 am | Permalink
  6. sovanndy wrote:

Hi sir,

But nothing changed. Could you recommend me for any solution or by email sovanndyung@gmail.com?

Thank in advance………..